Friday, September 21, 2012

My New Little Town Which I Call Home

Nowadays when I say I'm going home, I mean Étiolles, which is a small town located about 27 miles south-east of Paris. I guess that makes me an Étiollais now, as they call it. Most of the town is made up of a huge forest which is very easy to get lost in. The rest of the town gives you a mixed vibe of what I feel is old French and modern American suburbs. You also have your typical French boulangerie-patisserie(bakeries) and supermarché(supermarket). The church and town hall definitely give you that cozy small town feel when you arrive. I go into Paris a lot and on my way to the train station I always cross a bridge across the Seine River which runs all throughout my area. Simply put, Étiolles is green, peaceful, and beautiful, the perfect combination.


                                    La Marie D'Étiolles- Town Hall

                                       The local Catholic church

                                      My view of the Seine River

No comments:

Post a Comment