Tuesday, September 18, 2012

My Journey to La France...

Bonjour! Well it's officially been 2 weeks since I've arrived! Flying from New York City to Reyjavik, Iceland and then from there to Paris, France was quite a trip! As soon as I got my luggage and came out of the arrivals area of the airport, I thought it was a total sketch fest. "What kind of airport is this?" I thought. It was about 6:30AM. Strange and suspicious people(well in my eyes!) lurking around looking for their next victim I suppose. Luckily my host family came right on time before I got the wrong impression on how things would go for me during the rest of my stay. 

As I arrived in my little suburban town, I began to see the beauty that is France. My residential area is part of a forest, so occasionally one can take a walk through this forest. Tired and hungry I was still convinced that this was all a dream and could not bring myself back to Earth. I got to enjoy my first meal which included  a Mesclun Salad with tomatoes and smoked mozzarella plus a dish made with rice and veal. Later on I got to enjoy my first walk around the neighborhood and feel like a kid in a candy store whenever I heard a child speaking French. Something about that gets me every time! This is where it all began...






Stay tuned for plenty of more pictures and interesting facts that I am obligated to learn through my experiences here!

Au revoir!

1 comment:

  1. "total sketch fest" LOLLLLLLL... :D glad you're enjoying!!! your photos are beeeeautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete